Thursday February 12th 2009
So I went to see Friday the 13th last night. What follows is ‘the coverage’…
- We got there very early because there was unusually little traffic coming up Sloane Street.
- We went to Pret A Manger to pass the time. Because we’re ponces.
- The movie starts with all the studio logos in red. Like blood I suppose.
- People are penetrated by sharp instruments in several places but nowhere that’s really pushing the envelope, like the ear lobes or the skin between the toes.
- As for nudity, let’s just say that those two guys above aren’t the only pair of tits in the movie.
- I thought of that joke on the way home.
- At one point, a character who had dropped his gun in a lake and was scrabbling about for it said ‘Where are you, gun?’ and there was a wave of Ironic Film Critic Laughter.
- It was a very good length, just a bit over 90 minutes.
- It’s got that guy who plays ‘the friend’ in Disturbia and ‘the friend’ in Nick and Norah in it.
- They didn’t show the Inglourious Basterds trailer in the end, but it is up on Apple now so you can have a look at it there in glourious HD. You should, it’s watch-twice good.
SO GOOD WE PRINT SCREENED.