Friday March 27th 2009
I’ve gotten into a bit of a routine lately when attending screenings:
- Leave 20 minutes too late.
- Stand at bus stop for half an hour.
- End up getting on any bus just for the sake of moving.
- Change bus twice.
- Fall asleep on bus.
- Forget to get off at the Royal Academy, meaning that I then have to stay on the bus while it goes up the SLOWEST 100 YARDS OF TRAFFIC ON THE PLANET leading up to Piccadilly Circus.
- Sprint to the venue, stopping to buy the cheapest energy drink I can find so that I don’t fall asleep in the screening as well.
- Arrive 1 minute late but manage to get in just as the studio logos are starting.
All of which can be a bit depressing if I then have to sit and watch Lesbian Vampire Killers, panting and drenched in sweat.
Luckily, the film I saw the other night was worth all the exertion.
Because Religulous is FUNN-E. The sort of funny that Morgan Spurlock dreams about when he’s chatting with his wife about how ‘cool’ it will be to have her in his next movie.
TRUE STORY: There’s a scene in the movie where Bill Maher interviews a street preacher on Oxford Street (not the sinner winner man FYI) and on my way home I saw the very same man practising his craft.